Activities: Turnitin's Moodle Direct v2
Maintained by John McGettrick, Paul Dawson, David Winn, Caroline Westgarth
Turnitin's Moodle Direct v2 integration activity module is a standalone Moodle module with the aim of representing the full suite of Turnitin's features within the standard Moodle workflow. The module is an upgrade on the previous Turnitin plugin and is developed and maintained by Turnitin.
Moodle Direct V2 is the latest version of the Moodle Direct integration for Turnitin. Moodle Direct V2 installs separately to the original Turnitin Moodle Direct plugin within Moodle so that it can be used in parallel.
Key New Features
- PeerMark - PeerMark is now integrated into the Turnitin Assignments and is accessible from the inbox for instructors and students.
- Rubrics - Instructors can now attach their own rubrics to Turnitin Assignments and access the Rubric Manager, Students can also view any rubric that is attached to an assignment.
- Quickmarks - An instructor's Quickmark manager (used within GradeMark) can now be accessed from within their Moodle environment.
- More informative Inbox screen - An assignment inbox screen is now organised so that much more information is readily available and combined on to one screen.
- Quick editing - Certain assignment details (e.g. dates and marks) can be edited quickly in the inbox without having to go to a specific edit screen.
- Drag and drop submissions - Users can now submit via drag and drop. They will also be provided with an extract of their submission as proof that it has been submitted to Turnitin.
- Class Migration Tool - Instructors and administrators can now recreate classes they have on Turnitin which may have existed in previous integrations or created through the Turnitin website.
Inherited features from v1
- Multi-part Assignments - Each Turnitin Assignment may consist of up to 5 parts, parts can be configured to have start dates, due dates and post dates independent of one another.
- Real Turnitin Users - The integration maps Moodle users to real Turnitin user accounts for both Instructors and Students, there is the option to disable student emails should an institution not wish to have students log in to Turnitin rather than Moodle.
- GradeMark / Moodle Grade Book integration - Grades are synchronised between Turnitin's GradeMark and the Moodle grade book.
- Anonymous Marking (UK Only) - Anonymous marking allows student names to be masked from instructors up until the post date.
- Troubleshooting / Diagnostics - Diagnostic mode allows administrators to identify bugs and communication issues by enabling API call logs and displaying line numbers within error messages
This plugin is part of set Turnitin.
John McGettrick (Lead maintainer)
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them