The Organizer (mod/organizer) allows participants to subscribe to events, which can be created easily and efficiently by teachers.
The Organizer consists of three tabs:
- Events: provides an overview of all available and past events and allows teachers to create new events, delete and edit existing events, assess events in which people have enrolled and print all selected events.
- Students' view: shows a simplified view of the enrolment page as seen by participants.
- Enrolment status: provides a detailed overview of participants' enrolments. This tab allows teachers to send reminders to students who have not enrolled yet.
Teachers have access to all three tabs, whereas students can only access the second tab "students' view".
If a group organizer was created, a grouping must be selected in the settings for which the organizer is to be used. As soon as one participant enrols, all other group members are enrolled as well and are notified about time and place of the event.
Note: Students can be enrolled in only one group of this grouping.
Create events for group meetings for submitting a project to allow students to enrol in an event of their choice. The events should, for example, be created for the two upcoming weeks to take place from Tuesdays to Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., at 15 minutes each. Enrolments, changes and unenrolments should be possible up to two days prior to the event, or at least by a specific date. Students' attendance and grades are to be documented.
Copy the module code directly to the "mod/organizer" directory. Open the messages page in the administration are to automatically start the installation.
As an administrator you can set the default values instance-wide on the settings page for administrators in the organizer module.
- Best grade (text field)
- E-mail notification (drop down)
- Send a summary of events (drop down)
- Final deadline (drop down)
- Relative deadline (drop down)
Commenting temporarily disabled