With this integration and the current OpenMeetings version 3.+ you can create different types of rooms and separated users in OpenMeetings with the access-level "SOAP-Only". The "SOAP-Only" user can do exactly what is needed to run the integration but nothing more. This does result in no need for any OpenMeetings Admin-User in the Moodle Module config! So you can better protect your OpenMeetings server from non-authorized access via the SOAP Gateway and no need to share confidential account data. "SOAP-Only" users can not login to OpenMeetings administration or manipulate user accounts via SOAP. OpenMeetings also supports access via https and ldap-/Active Directory- and OAuth2-Integration.
The latest OpenMeetings Moodle Module is for Moodle 3.2 and is compatible only with OpenMeetings version 3.1.x. It is recommended to update to the latest version of OpenMeetings.
Sample Video showing the installation of the Moodle Module and integration with new access level:
The features of the OpenMeetings Moodle Plugin:
- Openmeetings rooms can be displayed inside a Moodle course in a frame, in a new window or can occucy the entire window
- Secure "SOAP-Only" user access level (see documentation on top)
- 3 Moderation Types for Conference Rooms (Moodle admins, teachers and course creators are automatically a moderator):
Moderation Type A) Participants need to wait till the teacher enters the room
Moderation Type B) Participants can already start (first User in room becomes moderator)
Moderation Type C) Every participant is automatically moderator when he/she enters the room
- 3 Room Types (Conference, Interview & Webinar)
- New Flag "Allow Recording": You can set in the room configuration now a flag that controls if the recording button is available or not
- Moodle Module languages: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Brazilian (OpenMeetings itself has around 30 languages)
- Clear and restructure conference creation form for Moodle moderators
Development of OpenMeetings: Apache Build Server & JIRA Issue Navigator:
Commercial Support for OpenMeetings: