With this integration and the current OpenMeetings version 2.2.0 you can create different types of rooms and separated users in OpenMeetings with the access-level "SOAP-Only". The "SOAP-Only" user can do exactly what is needed to run the integration but nothing more. This does result in no need for any OpenMeetings Admin-User in the Moodle Module config! So you can better protect your OpenMeetings server from non-authorized access via the SOAP Gateway and no need to share confidential account data. "SOAP-Only" users can not login to OpenMeetings administration or manipulate user accounts via SOAP.
It is recommended to update to the latest version of OpenMeetings (2.2.0). The Moodle OpenMeetings Module (version 1.6) for Moodle 2.4.x, 2.5.x or 2.6.x is compatible with the OpenMeetings 2.x branch.
Sample Video showing the installation of the Moodle Module and integration with new access level:
The features of the Moodle Plugin:
- Secure "SOAP-Only" user access level (see documentation on top)
- 3 Moderation Types for Conference Rooms (Moodle admins, teachers and course creators are automatically a moderator):
Moderation Type A) Participants need to wait till the teacher enters the room
Moderation Type B) Participants can already start (first User in room becomes moderator)
Moderation Type C) Every participant is automatically moderator when he/she enters the room
- 3 Room Types (Conference, Interview & Webinar)
- New Flag "Allow Recording": You can set in the room configuration now a flag that controls if the recording button is available or not
- Fix Icon in Moodle Course overview and edit page
- Fix Issue when deleting a conference room from a course (all conference rooms where deleted from all courses)
- Add/Fix Moodle Module languages: German, French, Spanish (OpenMeetings itself has around 30 languages)
- Clear and restructure conference creation form for Moodle moderators
More information is available from our project website: http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/openmeetings-moodle-plugin/