MooTyper is an Activity module. A course admin, manager, or teacher creates the activity and prepares it for use by selecting the keyboard layout and lessons to use. It can be set up to present a series of exercises from a lesson or to present one selected exercise from a lesson as a typing exam. Once set up, students can then start to type the current exercise. When a student finishes an exercise his achievement is saved into a database, so the teacher can then view grades.
The following keyboard layouts are available in this MooTyper release: Belgium(Dutch), Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dvorak(US), English (UK), English(US), EnglishWKeypad(US), Estonian, French, German(Swiss), German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, numberKeypadOnly, Portuguese(Brazil), Portuguese(Portugal), Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
You can visit the website URL listed down below, create an account, and try any of the listed layouts. If there is a layout not listed, that you would be interested in trying, please make a request in the comments below, or at the github Source control URL location.
For this MooTyper Version 3.8.0 release, immediately after you upgrade, you may need to go to one of your MooTyper activities and in it's Administration block, click on, Import lesson / KB layout, so you will get versions of all the new keyboard layouts and lessons. Depending on how you do the upgrade, your old keyboard files may be erased. In that case you will get an error that can be cleared by going to Setup for each MooTyper, and select a keyboard layout to use. Old keyboard versions are not necessarily compatible with the styles.css file included in this version. In some cases, this version includes multiple layouts.
Recent New Features - note that the page was getting so long, I have removed previous version, New Features, lists.
- New Cancel buttons when editing or adding a new exercise.
- New Cancel button when creating a new Lesson category.
- Some new log events, plus some with more information.
- The statistics bar is now full width to accommodate longer labels in some foreign language that were causing a line break forming three lines of text, instead of the desired two.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing selecting a mode other than the site default mode.
- Added Lesson/Category name just above the status bar, between the Mode and Exercise X of X.
- Made SQL code change so that keyboard layout lists are in alphabetical order in the three places they can be seen.
For any additional information please visit us on GitHub or post in MooTyper's forum topic.