General plugins (Local): LTI Provider
About this plugin
This is a local plugin for making Moodle a LTI provider tool.
It can be use to provide access to full courses or activities from remote systems (other Moodle installations, Sakai, any LMS LTI consumer compliant)
Please note that since Moodle 2.2 there is a core activity plugin called "External tool" that is a LTI consumer.
Why this plugin
This plugin allow remote systems users (LTI consumers) access to Moodle courses or Moodle activities inside a course.
Moodle (version 2.2 and onwards) is a LTI consumer tool also.
You can use this plugin to share activities and courses between Moodle installations without configuring a Moodle network.
You can also share activities and courses with other LTI consumer tools like Sakai
You have an excelent review of this plugin here
- Provide access to full courses or single activities.
- Single sign on
- Change the navigation block of a course or activity for displaying information and links only regarding to your current course.
- Send backs course or activity final grades to the LTI consumer tool
- Modify the course or activity page for hiding the header, footer and left or right blocks
Default installation instructions for plugins in category General plugins (Local)
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "mylocal") in the "local" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation
This plugin uses code developed by IMS licensed as MIT
Fore more information: https://github.com/jleyva/moodle-local_ltiprovider/blob/master/ims-blti/LICENSE.txt
Please, visit the help forum post