Grade reports: LAE Grader Report
NOTE: LAE stands for Liberal Arts Edition, a repackaged version of Moodle provided by CLAMP (Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project). The LAE User and LAE Grader are packaged with the LAE version of Moodle but can be installed separately with the dependencies as noted below.
Layout Differences From Grader Report
- Grade item and category headers are all on one line, not nested. LAEgrader does not collapse or expand categories.
- LAEgrader allows wrapping of grade item and grade category names (at approximately 30 characters) to avoid excessively wide reports
- All items (including the category column) included in a category are color-coded the same to group them together, alternately orange/blue
- Items not contained in a category have a background of white as does the Course Total.
- Hidden items and categories are gray.
- Grades scroll both horizontally and vertically without losing view of the students column or the grade item header rows. This is the biggest difference between the LAE and core gradebooks. It negates the need for mouseover descriptions of which student and which item on which you're currently working.
- Rows added such as 'range' or 'average' are placed at the top (instead of the bottom) and are frozen along with the grade item titles row so the user never loses sight of them.
- Has a 'Clear overrides' button at each column header
- Doesn't allow for editing the values for category or course items.
- Has an 'Export to csv' button right on the report for a quick export of all items along with a weights row, a maximum points row, and extra column after every category and course total for making calculations.