Course formats: Tiles format
- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
News 21 May 2019
Version 3.7.0 has just been released as a "beta". It allows for tiles to have photo backgrounds and has various other improvements. Read more and see the demo site here or download the 3.7.0 code here
Please contact me with any issues arising from your testing. I will carry out any bug fixes, aiming to upgrade it to a "stable" release within the next few weeks. I have marked it as compatible with Moodle 3.7. I'd like to thank WU Executive Academy in Vienna for sponsoring the photo tiles feature and kindly agreeing to share it with the community.
If you do not wish to test the beta version, please use the most recent stable version (3.3.6) instead for the time being.