Silverlight video embed filter
Silverlight Smooth Streaming media embed filter for Moodle 2.x
To be used with IIS Smooth Streaming server.
* Navigate to your Moodle root directory
* Navigate to /filters subdirectory
* Create subdirectory 'silverlight'
* Copy files to that subdirectory, so that path to, e.g. filter.php, is
* Login to Moodle as admin, visit Notifications page
* Install the plugin as prompted
* Define settings for the plugin and save
* Enable the filter under Site admin > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters
You can find the settings under
Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Silverlight video embed filter
* Player width
* Player height
* Allowed URL prefix - (optional) you can define a substring which URLs
should start with (this is meant to match the base URL of your video server)
* Substitute URL - (optional) if URL is not allowed, show video from this URL instead
Create a link to a .ism/.isml URL:
* <a href="http://test.com/video/videotest.ism">Silverlight video .ism</a>
* <a href="http://test.com/video/videotest.isml">Silverlight video .isml</a>
"/Manifest" will be added to the URL automatically.
Silverlight smooth streaming media player is copyright © Microsoft Corporation
The player file is SmoothStreamingPlayer.xap (included with the filter)
The latest version of the player can be downloaded from: http://smf.codeplex.com/
Developed by Kirill Astashov, NetSpot Pty Ltd, Australia.
Funded by Northern Territory Department of Education and Children's Services, Australia.
Inspired by http://delog.wordpress.com