Filters: FontAwesome icons
Font Awesome gives you scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized - size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS. More info on FontAwesome can be found here.
This filter allows you to add FontAwesome icons to anywhere you have a text box in Moodle.
Please read the README file provided with this filter. The filter does not provide FontAwesome, just a way to easily add the icon tags to moodle text boxes without having them stripped.
We suggest to use the installation with
Git but other ways you can do the manual way:
- Download any applicable file version.
- Upload the zipped file to moodle > filter.
- Unzip, and log-in as administrator and the plug-in installation wizard will start.
- It will ask for choosing settings, in that case just keep the default "Moodle Auto Format" selected. You can always come back to these settings by going to Site Administration > Plugins > Filters > FontAwesome Icon Filter.
Enabling FontAwesome Icon Filter
Once FontAwesome has installed, It won't show up automatically until you actually enable the filter to work in Moodle, for that go to Site Administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage Filters. You'll see FontAwesome Icon Filter in the list, click "ON" where its mentioned disabled in drop down. Using the above format will start showing up icons where applicable.
- If you want to use this plugin aswell in activity and resource names please disable the formatstringstriptags setting (default is set to Yes).
- If you want to use this plugin also in headings please change in the Manage filters overview (/admin/filters.php) that it applies to Content and headings.