Enrolment: Easy Enrollments
Easy Enrollment Promo
The Easy Enrollment plugin generates a 6 digit code for every course and group in your Moodle site. Once activated on your course you can visit the Easy Enrollment Settings page and see all of your enrollment codes. This plugin will also generate QR codes which can be downloaded and printed to use with younger students or in print materials. Upon activation of the Easy Enrollment plugin the Fordson Moodle Theme will display all the necessary forms on the homepage so that students can enter enrollment codes and instantly be taken to the corresponding course.
The QR Code reader requires SSL/HTTPS in order to function. If you do not have SSL then disable the QR code option from the Easy Enrollment settings page.
Dearborn Public Schools is a K-12 school district in Dearborn, Michigan. We serve over 19,000 students in Wayne County and we are big fans of Moodle. We believe our work with Moodle can be of value to the Moodle community and in the spirit of open source we are sharing some of our work. There is no warrenty that this will work on every server with every theme or setup. We use it. It works well. We are sharing it to help others.
NOTE: While this can be made to work with any theme the only theme we will officially support is Fordson. Adding the enrollment form and other functionality needed for other themes would require hacking their code to make the form appear on the homepage. There are many themes out there and they all do things a bit differently. We only use one theme and that is Fordson.
New Sitewide Easy Activation for All Courses
We now have a script that will activate the Easy Enrollment plugin for each and every course in your Moodle site. This is ideal for existing sites which want to use Easy Enroll and Fordson Theme. Once you install Easy Enrollment and activate it as one of your enrollment methods you can use the script below to turn it on for each course. Follow these instructions:
- Download the script: https://github.com/dbnschools/moodle-enrol_easy/blob/master/activate.php
- Upload this file to the following folder /your moodle root/enrol/easy/
- Login to your moodle site as site admin. Go to the following URL:
- You will see a white screen but what you did was run the script. The script is now turning on Easy Enrollment as an enrollment method for each and every course on your Moodle site.
- Delete the activate.php file once complete.
- Download from Github and unzip
- Rename folder to - easy
- FTP or place "easy" folder into moodleroot/enrol/
- If you cannot ftp then zip the newly named easy folder and use the normal Moodle plugin installation upload
- Once installed go to Site Administration > Plugins > Enrollments and activate "Easy Enrollments". You can also adjust any of the settings. If you do not have SSL please TURN OFF QR Code reader as it will not function.
- With the plugin installed and activated you must add it to any pre-existing courses as an enrollment method at the course level.
- In an individual course, on the course enrollment method page for easy enrollment you can click on Settings and it will display all enrollment codes.