This is a new block which creates a slideshow in the header of a site or course page. It uses jquery/cycle to handle the image transitions. Jquery is also used to manipulate the DOM to reposition the block's node into the heading div of the page.
Since this is dependent on using moodle's built in jquery functions, it is not available for versions prior to 2.5.
It works with all core Moodle Themes except "Clean" due to an issue with the theme's ability to load Jquery correctly (MDL-41516)
Update: This block will work with the Clean theme on Moodle version 2.5.2 where MDL-41516 has been fixed.
- Formal White
- Sky High
(it may work with some third party themes, but most likely not with any bootstrap based theme due to MDL-41516. If you have a third party theme and it doesn't work, send me a link to your site and I will update the code.)
Download, extract, and upload the "Slideshow" folder into moodle/blocks
- Set maximum number of slides in a slideshow
- Set maximum file size of slides
- Title - Set title of slideshow (leave blank to hide block's heading)
- Height - Sets height of slideshow and images **NOTE** this block will not rescale image files, it will only change the display size
- Transition - Choose from various slide transitions (some are a bit clunky, but most work well)
- Delay - Sets the time for which a single slide is displayed
- Background color - Clicking in this textbox triggers a colorpicker
- Display as normal block - Selecting this will have the block appear in a side column instead of being embedded in the header
- Transparent - Clicking this overrides the background color setting and makes the background transparent
- Image selector - Will only accept gif, jpg, or png files