Linkedin Oauth 2.0 Authentication Plugin
This plugin is build by: Bas Brands
Developed for BrightAlley
This linkedin block has been created based on the code written by Mahmud Ahsan:
Using Moodle OAuth examples by Jerome Mouneyrac:
The linkedin auth plugin
A Linked in Account
A Linked in integration Key / Secret
Some custom code in your theme or the linkedin block
What it does (using the linkedin block):
When installed correctly a user can log in using their linked in account.
- The user clicks the login with linkedin button
- A popup opens that redirects to the linkedin page asking for your linkedin username/pass and your
- approval to give moodle access to your profile. If the user was already logged into linkedin in some
- other browsers window the popup only asks permission to login using linkedin
- When the users finishes the linked in auth the Moodle page reloads and redirects the user the a form
- asking for the users email.
- When finished the users is logged into Moodle and profile information is shown in the linkedin block.
Profile info retreived from LinkedIn:
- firstname, lastname
- current job
- profile picture
LinkedIn auth plugin installation instructions
- Add the auth plugin to /auth/linkedin
- In Moodle go to the plugins page for authentication and enable linkedin
- visit https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer and click Add New Application.
- Enter your Moodle website details, most important field: Integration URL, use the wwwroot of your Moodle installation
- Once received from LinkedIn Enter you key / secret to the LinkedIn authentication plugin settings page in Moodle
Install the Linkedin block
- Install the linkedin block
- Go to the Siteadmin -> notifications to install the block
- Add the block to the moodle frontpage