Other: GroupDocs Viewer Java
- Portable Document Format: PDF
- Microsoft Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM
- Microsoft Excel: XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XML
- Microsoft PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX
- Microsoft Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
- Microsoft Outlook: MSG, EML
- Microsoft Project: MPP, MPT
- OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP
- Comma-Separated Values: CSV
- Plain Text File: TXT
- Rich Text Format: RTF
- HyperText Markup Language: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
- XML Paper Specification: XPS
- AutoCAD Drawing File Format: DXF
- Image files: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF
- Electronic publication: EPUB
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library converts documents to HTML, CSS and SVG. HTML5-based rendering provides a number of benefits, including:
- Documents embedded to a web-page are hosted as real text files, not images. This ensures sharp font rendering even when zooming in/out of a document.
- Users can view documents embedded to a web-page from any HTML5-compliant browser. There is no need to install any additional plugins or software. For example, users can view PDF documents without having to install Adobe Reader.
- Users can select and copy text to the clipboard right from documents embedded to a web-page. There is also a powerful search option that allows users to search for text within documents using key phrases. In addition to that, GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library comes with a convenient web UI designed to make it easy to browse documents in a browser. You can embed the UI into web-pages along with documents. The UI allows users to flip document pages like slides, preview them with thumbnails, jump straight to a specified document, download and print documents.
INSTALLING THE VIEWER
Please note that this block is the third in a series that GroupDocs released for the Moodle CMS. Now you have options to choose between the downloadable .NET or Java libraries and an on-demand cloud-based document viewer. All options provide you with the same high fidelity rendering quality, but different deployment methods and pricing plans. If you need to host documents locally, you should consider either the .NET or Java libraries. If you prefer an easier implementation and lighter price plans, the cloud-based version with documents hosted on GroupDocs' secure servers will suite you better.
This block is based on the Java version of the library and requires the library to be installed on your server. Also please note that the library is not free. If you don't have a license yet, but would like to test the viewer on your website, please download a free evaluation copy from the GroupDocs website: http://groupdocs.com/java/document-viewer-library