With this block installed on your Moodle website, you can embed and display PDF and Microsoft Office documents, Visio diagrams, CAD and raster images on any page within your website. Unlike the cloud-based block we released earlier, this version can be used in conjunction with the document viewer .NET library. This gives you a number of benefits, because you can store and process documents on your own servers. There is no need for API calls to GroupDocs servers.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
1. Based on HTML5 technology, GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET converts documents to a combination of SVG, HTML and CSS. This enables native text rendering and ensures that fonts always look sharp even when zooming in/out of the document. It also allows users to search for, select and copy text to the clipboard right from the documents embedded to your Moodle web-pages.
2. End-users don't have to install any plugins or other software - documents can be viewed from any modern browser that supports HTML5.
3. The viewer comes with an easy-to-use interface, which allows users to turn pages like slides, quickly jump to any page within the document, preview pages with thumbnails, print and download documents right from a web-browser.
SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS
With GroupDocs Document Viewer for .NET you can embed and display files with the following formats:
- Portable Document Format: .pdf
- Microsoft Word: .doc .docx .docm .dot .dotx .dotm
- Microsoft Excel: .xls .xlsx .xlsm .xlsb .xml
- Microsoft PowerPoint: .ppt .pptx .pps .ppsx
- Microsoft Visio: .vsd .vss .vst .vdx .vsx .vtx .vsdx .vdw
- Microsoft Project: .mpp .mpt
- Microsoft Outlook: .msg .eml .emlx .mht
- OpenDocument Formats: .odt .ott .ods .odp
- Rich Text Format: .rtf
- Plain Text Format: .txt
- Comma-Separated Values: .csv
- HyperText Markup Language: .htm .html .mht .mhtml
- XML Paper Specification: .xps
- AutoCAD Drawing File Format: .dxf
- Image files: .bmp .gif .jpg .png .tiff
- Electronic publication: .epub
Please note. To use this block without any restrictions, you need to purchase a license for the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET library. If you haven't got one yet, please feel free to download a free evaluation copy from the GroupDocs website, or contact sales for a 30-day fully-functional trial.
Detailed plugin installation instructions can be found here.
Marketplace Team (Lead maintainer)
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them