It supports the assessment of students’ competences and allows for an individualized assignment of tasks according to the students’ competence level.
Please note: Exabis competencies has been developed for several years and has no connection to the competence-framework integrated in MOODLE.
Key features are:
- individualization to personalise learning processes by assigning specific tasks to all or certain students
- working with a weekly schedule using a drag&drop interface teachers to work collaboratively, sharing tasks and materials within the framework of a competence grid
- teachers can create digital competence grids (collaboratively with the tool KOMET which can be found at www.edustandards.org or within the block itself)
- using the free app DAKORA for both teachers and students to provide materials and upload solutions to MOODLE
- creating competence profiles of students related to their level, progression in a competence field and achievements
- comprehensive reporting of students’ achievements, competence levels and soft skills
As a basis, competence grids are used. They can be used across courses. These grids contain different competences that can be attained in a certain subject area (topic). Depending on the level of competences a student has attained, teachers can assign different tasks, which supports the personalization of the students’ learning process.
Competences can be assigned to students by teachers or automatically - for example after a student’s task is completed. Students themselves can link their work to competences or competence fields - hence self-reflect on their activities and establish their individual competence profiles. Portfolio files (artefacts) can be linked to competences as well.
Teachers can assign learning paths to students and provide them with different (Moodle-)activities and materials on various difficulty levels.
Competence grids can be created in a Moodle course or collaboratively at www.edustandards.org (export of xml-file).Exabis competencies is part of a suite of three main modules:
Exabis Competencies - Competence grids
competency-based education connecting learning products to competences and defining personalized learning paths using digital competence grids and. Base (together with exabis ePortfolio) for the DAKORA-App
Exabis student review
course spanning reporting tool of students’ achievements including assessment of soft skills.
The module can be used standalone or as part of this suite. Advantage of using all three modules together is that learner driven learning paths can be established – guided by trainers, self-paced, competency-based and personalised.
The free app DAKORA (working with digital competence grids) allows work with two of the modules (exaport, exacomp) with a simplified and innovative interface for tablets and smartphones which can be downloaded from all app stores. All data of the app is stored in MOODLE.Try out DAKORA at https://exacloud.at/dakora
Take a look at the video to see how it works in