Blocks: CSS theme tool
A block to aid theme designers in customising the current theme by providing an in page CSS editor GUI. Using this block the user can select to add a rule, click on the part of the page they want to style and then use the friendly GUI to add styles to the item that was clicked on.
Maintained by: Sam Hemelryk
The CSS theme tool is a block that is designed to make CSS creation and editing for Moodle both easy and accessible. It aims to provide a point and click interface with WYSIWYG controls for adding CSS rules and provides a user friendly interface for creating CSS that is suitable for everything from creating simple modifications to creating entire themes. As well as giving the user an easy means to create CSS it also allows the admin or a Moodle site to make immediate modifications to the installations CSS that will be visible by everyone using the site (not just those who can create CSS) and does this all without the need for editing any files within Moodle or even having to create or modify themes.
- A point and click CSS editor with buttons and manual CSS style entry.
- Intelligent in page selector to make sure you are styling what you want.
- Persistence over pages so you can create styles, save them, and browse to other pages to check the effects.
- Ability to save and download the CSS you create.
- Autosave feature so that you don't have to worry about losing your work (it saves as you go).
- Moodle 2+
- A browser that supports the latest JS and CSS standards (Not tested in IE)
Sam Hemelryk (Lead maintainer)
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them