MUMIE Single Sign On
Welcome to MUMIE Single Sign On
This plugin allows Moodle users to access content on the e-learning platform MUMIE without having to register a new account or to login. MUMIE Single Sign On is not meant to be used as a standalone but in combination with MUMIE Task. Together, these two plugins allow the integration of MUMIE content into your Moodle courses.
What is MUMIE?
Explorative Math Learning
MUMIE is an e-learning platform for learning and teaching mathematics and computer science. It grew out of the needs of practical teaching at the interface between high-school and university. MUMIE is highly flexible and can be integrated with other learning and content management systems. Its courses and high-quality course material is easily adjusted to any kind of pedagogical scenario. It has built-in learning and training environments with wiki-like dedicated social networks for virtual tutorials and self-organized learning enhancing cognitive and meta-cognitive skills. Powerful authoring tools support the production of new content. This opens the door to new, challenging and more efficient pedagogical scenarios.
MUMIE platform and content is the result of a cooperative effort by leading universities in Europe supported by the company integral-learning.
Key features of MUMIE Single Sign On
Open MUMIE Tasks without having to register or log into MUMIE servers
When a user starts a MUMIE Task for the first time, a new account is automatically registered. The new username is composed of the Moodle user id and an organization shorthand. No further personal data are necessary
Automatically log out from MUMIE servers when logging out of moodling
Some students share computers with others. That's why we made sure, that users are automatically logged out from all MUMIE servers, whenever they log out from moodle.
How to get access to MUMIE content
You need to be a MUMIE partner to use our content on Moodle. Please contact us over email (email@example.com) for more information.
1. Download this plugin as a ZIP file
2. Go to *Site Administration*
3. Select *Plugins*->*Install plugins*
4. Drag and drop the ZIP file into the respecting field
5. Click *Install plugin from the ZIP file*
6. Enter your MUMIE API key and your organization shorthand and click *Save changes*. If you don't know your key and your shorthand yet, you can add them later on the plugin settings page.
7. Go to *Site Administration*->*Plugins*->*Manage authentication* and enable MUMIE Single Sign On by clicking on the eye icon next to it
8. Please contact us over email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send us the URL of your Moodle server and the IP address it uses for outgoing HTTP requests. We need those to configure our own servers.