LDAP server (Sync Plus)
Moodle core's auth_ldap authentication plugin is a great basis for authenticating users in Moodle. However, as Moodle core's auth_ldap is somehow limited in several aspects and there is no prospect to have it improved in Moodle core, we have implemented an extended version for LDAP authentication with these key features:
- The most important part: All functions from auth_ldap are still working if you use this authentication plugin.
- The plugin adds the possibility to the LDAP synchronization task to suspend users which have disappeared in LDAP for a configurable amount of days and delete them only after this grace period (the Moodle core LDAP synchronization task only provides you the option to suspend _or_ delete users which have disappeared in LDAP - MDL-47018).
- You can prevent the LDAP synchronization task from creating Moodle accounts for all LDAP users if they have never logged into Moodle before (the Moodle core LDAP synchronization task always creates Moodle accounts for all LDAP users - MDL-29249).
- You can fetch user details from LDAP on manual user creation (MDL-47029).
- It supports login via email for first-time LDAP logins (Moodle core only supports login via email for existing Moodle users - MDL-46638)
- It adds several line breaks to the output of the LDAP synchronization task to improve readability (MDL-30589).
Please see README file for details about the usage and features of this plugin.
No support in the comments section on this page
Please note that we don't provide any support for this plugin in the comments section on this page anymore.
We appreciate your commendation and reviews for this plugin in the comments. For bug reports and support requests, please read the extensive information in the plugin's README file first and create, if needed, a ticket in the bug tracker which is linked below.
Thanks for your cooperation.