Poodll Anywhere (Atto)
Poodll Anywhere for Atto allows the user to record audio and video or draw pictures, or snap pictures, directly into forum posts, assignment descriptions, page resource content, question descriptions, question responses and other areas. Poodll Anywhere is an advanced audio and video recording solution for Moodle. It improves on Moodle's basic Record RTC solution in the following ways:
- Can be used in all HTML areas throughout Moodle
- Converts recordings to universally playable MP3 and MP4
- Features a selection of attractive recorder skins
NB New users should use: Cloud Poodll for Atto
Its newer lightweight, has no dependencies, stores everything in the cloud, and can transcribe student speaking
Poodll Anywhere for Atto Video
Watch this quick 1 minute video about the Poodll Anywhere for Atto plugin.
Teachers can make learning resources quickly and easily by recording directly in Moodle or dragging and dropping media files from the desktop. Regardless of the file format, Poodll quickly and reliably converts all media and display it to students. In language learning, Poodll for Atto enables teachers to create listening resources for their students. In general learning contexts, teachers can record/upload instruction or example videos for the students to follow when completing their assignments.
Liven up forums by replacing written entries with audio and video recordings from the students. Language learners can practice speaking and pronunciation skills while providing listening content for their peers. Great for fully online courses.
Poodll Anywhere for Atto requires the Poodll Filter.
- Download and install the Poodll Filter. Be sure to read the support documentation.
- Visit: https://poodll.com/try-poodll and take a free trial
Site administration / Plugins / Text editors / Atto HTML editor / Atto toolbar settings
Right near the bottom of the page, beneath the list of plugins find the "Toolbar Config" textbox. There, probably on the "files" line add the word "poodll".
That line will then look something like this:
files = image, media, poodll
Poodll has been making plugins for Moodle since 2011. Our software has helped teachers build and deliver language courses in thousands of Moodle websites worldwide. Search for "Poodll" in the Moodle Plugins directory to see a list containing more than 25 of our plugins. Poodll is based in Nagasaki, Japan.
* NOTE: Poodll Anywhere depends on the Poodll Filter also being installed, and will not install or work properly without it *
* NOTE: Poodll Anywhere for Atto is based on Poodll Anywhere for TinyMCE, which was funded by Birmingham City University. *