This plugin is a copy of the core submission comment plugin except that you have permissions that allow an administrator to restrict the people who can:
- create and see the comments
- delete the comments
This pluging was written specifically to meet the needs in British Higher Education for second marking or moderation of students work by a different tutor/teacher. Common use case of this plugin: after a piece of work has been graded, grade reviewers enter comments about the submission (content, grade, grader's comments...). These will never be visible to the student but can be read and responded to by the other marker, and Moodle managers. For example the grade reviewer may have detected plagiarism or think that the grade is not optimal. Comments can form a threaded discussion about the grading, which can be used directly as evidence of the marking processes that is now required in some Universities.
- add the content in the folder: mod/assign/submission/gradereviews
- optional: in the Moodle admin tweak the permissions. The permission are listed in db/access.php
- once it is installed you will see it listed in the "Manage assignment submission plugins", see screen shot, there are no settings to be edited. You can change the order in which the columns appear in the grading page by changing the order here. It is good practice not to have this next to submission comments to avoid confusion between the two.
- if you wish to change who can see the comments you can change this in permissions, the screenshot below shows the default permissions for a site manager
- If you go to grading an assignment you will now see the extra column added where comments can be made that will not be visible to students