Assignment types: Random assignment
Random assignment is an attempt to handle larger classes of students. For this purpose, we generate a series of html (txt, pdf) files with the same structure but different numbers. In addition, we generate corresponding files with hints to solutions for teachers.
Random assignment is a plugin for assignments with following properties:
- It is derived from Asignment: Advanced uploading of files. It shares all its features.
- Teacher specifies one or more files for assignments and (optionally) solution files with the same names
- Each student gets one of these files randomly
- In the assignment feedback page, teacher sees the assignment file and optionally the solution file as well.
- Copy directory random/ to moodle/mod/assignment/type/
- If needed, add your language. Language files are located in moodle/mod/assignment/type/random/lang
Upgrade from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.0 (2.1)
File upgrade.php replaces file mod/assignment/db/upgrade.php. The upgrade code is located at the end of the original file
Creation of an assignment:
1. Create activity: Assignment: random assignment and specify files for assignments and solutions.
Student sees link to the assignment and, optionally its content if it is a html or txt file (utf-8 encoded). Teacher sees links to both files when grading a student on the feedback page. Teacher also sees links to all files on the assignment and feedback pages.
Version for 2.3-2.4 exists but cannot be uploaded to Plugins database as it is a hack. It can be downloaded from http://kirp.chtf.stuba.sk/~fikar/random.zip (ZIP). Its documentation is at Moodle Docs (2.4).