Kaltura Video Package
Kaltura's Video Package for Moodle 2.x makes it easy to add the robust capabilities of Kaltura's open
source online video platform to any Moodle site. The package was developed specifically for Moodle
and integrates with other features and modules, such as resources and activities, so that users can
upload and embed media easily.
The package adds the following features for all users:
* My Media: users’ personal media gallery, for uploading, viewing, managing, and sharing media
* Create screen recordings and use them in the Kaltura activities
* Integration as an external repository with the file picker accessible from the text editor: embed your media or media you have access to, anywhere you can author text
In addition, Teachers and Admins have the following features available:
* Video Resource activity: Easily add video content to your course as a specialized resource
* Video Presentation activity: Create a synchronized view of a Document and a Video
* Video Assignment activity: Allows students to submit videos as an assignment submission
* View engagement reports for videos used on your course
Please take note of the version of Moodle you have and the version of the plug-in you are installing. The Download page states which version of Moodle the version of the plug-in is for.
Version information example: Kaltura release 3.0.96 (RL: 184.108.40.206)
3.0.96 is the version of the plug-in that Kaltura has release. It does not correspond to any Moodle version number and it should be referenced when contacting Kaltura support.
RL: 220.127.116.11 is our internal version. The first two points (2.5) correspond to the version of Moodle that it has been tested with (Moodle 2.5.x).