Blocks: Advanced Notifications
Allows for notifications to be easily managed and set to be displayed to users
This block allows users to display Bootstrap-like alerts (which can be easily styled differently in the theme or otherwise) with various configurations.
This could be useful in cases such as alerting users of scheduled outages, welcoming them to your site, teachers can use it to notify users of changes/due dates, etc.
- Customisable title
- Customisable message
- Basic HTML allowed for advanced users
- Multiple types of notifications (Bootstrap-based)
- Type-based icons (optional setting)
- Customisable date range to show notification from and to
- Display a notification to the user a set amount of times
- Instance-based or global/site-wide notifications
- Enable/Disable a/all notifications (Site-wide and instance-based)
- Edit/Delete/Restore notifications
- Option to auto-delete notification after end date
- Option to permanently delete notifications that have had the deleted flag for more than 30 days
- Option to automatically remove user (dismissed/seen) records that relate to notifications that don't exist anymore
- AJAX utilised to improve user-experience and simplify processes
- Live-preview when making/editing a notification
- Easy to use, but fully documented
For full documentation, please check here - or check the plugin's `/docs` directory.
All the plugin's settings are disabled by default. Enable it upon installation if you wish to start using it immediately or enable it later by navigating to Site Administration > Plugins > Blocks > Advanced Notifications.
Backwards Compatibility/Progressive Enhancement
Pull requests are welcome - submit pull requests to address issues, add features, fix typos, anything!