Quiz reports: Download essay submissions
Moodle Quiz Report Plugin for downloading essay submissions.
The ‘Download essay submission’ plugin offers users a convenient way by which teachers can download quiz essay attachments submitted by students in response to quiz essay questions.
- The plugin folder ‘downloadsubmissions’ is to be added under ‘moodle/mod/quiz/report’ directory.
How to use?
Go to a particular quiz.
Click on 'Settings' icon.
The plugin ‘Download essay submissions’ link will appear under ‘Results’ section. Click on it.
- The teacher needs to click on the button ‘Download essay submissions’.
- On clicking this button, the teacher will get a zip file consisting of attachments/files submitted by students in response to the quiz essay questions.
The hierarchy of folders present in the downloaded zip file is explained through an example.
Example: Quiz Scenario
A Quiz (Programming Tutorial) has an essay question (Question No.: 3, Question name: OOP Concept) requiring attachments/files to be submitted in response by students.
A student (Student name: Anisha Patki, Username: anisha) attempts the quiz twice, each time attaching a response file to that particular essay question.
The files submitted by the student as responses are:
- First Attempt - Answer.odt
- Second attempt - New_answer.pdf
Now, in the downloaded zip file, the folder hierarchy for this particular student's response files is as follows:
- Q8 - OOP Concept / anisha - Anisha Patki / Attempt1_Answer.odt
- Q8 - OOP Concept / anisha - Anisha Patki / Attempt2_New_answer.pdf
(Note: Here, in 'Q8', '8' is the database question id for that particular question and may not match the question no. as it appeared in the quiz as shown in the example above.)
Through this feature, now teachers will be able to download/save all attachments of all attempts submitted by students in response to the quiz essay questions at one time.