Admin tools ::: tool_moodlebox
Maintained by Nicolas Martignoni
A Moodle administration plugin providing a GUI to some settings and management of a MoodleBox, a Moodle server installed on a Raspberry Pi with some sort of Linux version installed (Raspberry Pi OS preferred).
Moodle 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11
Released: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 4:45 AM
phplint phpcs2 | 1 js css15 | 0 phpdoc9 | 0 savepoint thirdparty grunt1 | 1 shifter mustache gherkinHTML | XML
MoodleBox Moodle plugin Release Notes
Version 2.10.0, 2021-07-27
- Add workflow to release plugin in the Moodle's Plugins directory (no issue number, see commits f3d4b2 and ec444a8).
- New setting allowing to set the fixed IP address and DHCP range of the Wi-Fi network (issue #96).
- Test plugin against Moodle 3.11 (issue #95).
- Empty lease file when updating WiFi settings (issue #98).
Version 2.9.0, 2021-02-21
- Detection of Raspberry Pi 400, preliminary tentative (issue #93).
- Travis CI dropped in favor of Github actions (no issue number, see commits 602560e, a300850, da73b9c, f0fcdd2, f3c3fda, 596adc8 and 123e7f7).
Version 2.8.0, 2020-11-03
- Tested against upcoming Moodle 3.10 (issue #91).
- Detection of Raspberry Pi CM4 module (issue #90).
- Travis configuration updated (no issue number).
- PHP warning raised when no dnsmasq lease yet (issue #92).
Version 2.7.0, 2020-07-23
- New Raspberry Pi OS name adopted (issue #88).
- Travis configuration updated (no issue number).
- Raspberry Pi 4B+ model with 8GB detection works now correctly (issue #89).
- Typo in string (no issue number)
Version 2.6.0, 2020-06-08
- Raspberry Pi 4B+ model with 8GB supported (issue #87).
- Tested for upcoming Moodle version 3.9 (no issue number).
- Different messages are displayed depending on undervoltage situation (issue #86).
- Coding style adapted to new standard (no issue number).
Version 2.5.0, 2020-02-08
- Dashboard displays MoodleBox ethernet IP and default gateway addresses (issue #82).
- Dashboard displays Moodle version (issue #81).
- Moodle compatibility info added (issue #83).
- Refactor of the dashboard information section (issue #84).
Version 2.4.2, 2019-10-07
- Wi-Fi password and SSID validation with meaningful message when invalid input, for better UX (issue #79).
- Moodle forms do not works correctly (issue #78).
- Wi-Fi password validation to lax ( related to issue #77).
Version 2.4.1, 2019-10-05
- Wi-Fi password with uppercase characters were rejected (issue #77).
Version 2.4.0, 2019-08-17
- Support of PiJuice HAT (issue #75). This feature was contributed by Vincent Widmer (@smallhacks).
- Some fixes for CI support (no issue number).
Version 2.3.0, 2019-07-15
- Raspberry Pi 3A+ is now supported (#73). This enhancement was possible thanks to the sponsoring of Visvanath Ratnaweera (@ratnavis), who kindly offered a Raspberry Pi 3A+.
- Lang strings brushed up (#74).
Version 2.2.1, 2019-07-13
- Raspberry Pi 4B RAM size is displayed with wrong unit (#72).
Version 2.2.0, 2019-06-10
- Raspberry Pi 4B and other models are now supported (#70).
Version 2.1.0, 2019-05-29
- Manager can now use restart and shutdown buttons in the footer (#68).
Version 2.0.1, 2019-05-19
- Plugin is compatible with Moodle 3.7.0 (issue #67).
- Fix warning in PHP7.2 and later (issue #67).
Version 2.0.0, 2019-04-19
- Restart and shutdown buttons can be displayed to the administrator on the footer of any Moodle page (issue #33). Warm thanks to Adrian Perez Rodriguez for most of the implementation.
- A warning is displayed to the administrator on any Moodle page if under voltage is detected (issue #65).
- Links to documentation website and support forum are displayed on the new MoodleBox settings page (issue #54).
- Moodle 3.6.0 or later is now required (due to implementation of #54).
- Configuration and dashboard pages were refactored (part of issue #33).
- Collapsed status of collapsible regions is now saved between sessions (issue #60).
- Bad permissions on shell script (issue #61).
- Typos fixed in lang strings (no issue number).
Version 1.12.2, 2018-12-01
- Each section is now collapsible (issue #55)
- New feature allowing to hide Wi-Fi SSID (issue #56)
- Supports Moodle 3.6 (issue #58)
- Type mismatch PHP warnings fixed (no issue number)
Version 1.12.1, 2018-08-28
- Error in help string fixed (issue #53).
Version 1.12.0, 2018-08-16
- Wi-Fi regulatory country can now be set in the GUI (issue #48).
- Section to resize SD card doesn't display when partition already resized (issue #50).
- Help icons and texts added to enhance usability (issue #51).
- Function get_wireless_interface_name() added (part of issue #32).
- Wi-Fi default channel changed to 11 (part of issue #48).
- Form definitions moved to separate file (issue #52).
- Variable name fixed (part of issue #32).
Version 1.11.0, 2018-07-09
- New feature to resize SD card (issue #45). Idea by Ralf Krause.
- Wrong display of table row background (issue #47).
Version 1.10.4, 2018-06-12
- Correctly detect Raspberry Pi Zero W (issue #44).
- Better Raspberry Pi model detection (#43).
Version 1.10.3, 2018-05-26
- Error in privacy provider prevents privacy registry display (#42).
Version 1.10.2, 2018-04-29
- Impossible to enter SSIDs with less than 8 bytes (#41).
Version 1.10.1, 2018-03-23
- Lang string with unsupported char breaks plugin when debugging level set to "Developer" (issue #40).
Version 1.10, 2018-03-21
- Moodle privacy API implementation complete (issue #34).
- Arbitrary characters, included spaces, are now allowed in SSID (issues #31 and #38).
- Support for Raspberry 3 B+ (issue #39).
- Requires now Moodle 3.3 or later.
- Hidden files used as trigger for plugin actions are now bundled (#37).
- Nothing yet.
Version 1.9, 2018-02-18
- Moodle privacy API implementation (issue #34).
- Now uses classes and auto-loading instead of local library (issue #35)
- Better parsing of version numbers (issue #36)
Version 1.8, 2017-11-01
- Display of MoodleBox image version (issue #28).
- Compatible with Moodle 3.4 (issue #27).
- Now works even in unusual Moodle installation directory (issue #29).
- Wi-Fi invalid SSIDs aren't allowed anymore (issue #30).
- Prevent potential bugs due to not validated settings (issue #30).
Version 1.7.1, 2017-09-13
- Re-added removed strings to fix issue #25.
Version 1.7, 2017-09-11
- Possibility to have an open (i.e. without password) Wi-Fi network (issue #22). Feature dedicated to @christian-westphal.
- Wi-Fi channel selection depends on regulatory domain defined in
- Wi-Fi settings display refactored (issue #20).
- Better display the DHCP clients (issue #24).
- Required Moodle version number updated (issue #21).
- Change way to parse config files, to avoid potential bugs (issue #19).
Version 1.6, 2017-09-05
- Wi-Fi SSID can now be changed.
- Wi-Fi channel can now be changed.
- Changelog adapted to principles of keep a changelog.
- Change moodle installation directory, to cope with last version of MoodleBox.
Version 1.5.4, 2017-06-23
- Hardware test refactored
- Continuous integration via Travis added
- Scripts updated
Version 1.5.3, 2017-04-29
- Hardware specification added, for RPi3 support (new kernel)
Version 1.5.2, 2017-04-29
- Some tests added to fix issue #16
- Language files removed, fixing issue #15
Version 1.5.1, 2017-04-21
- Some small documentation enhancements (mainly release notes)
- Several language files added (de, es, es_mx)
- Missing string added
- Cosmetic fixes for Moodle code checker
Version 1.5, 2017-04-14
- Code doesn't use eval() any more, issue #12
- Documentation updated (release notes have their own file now), issue #13
- Plugin is now published in the Moodle plugin database
Version 1.4.4, 2017-04-11
- PHP warning due to direct inclusion of version.php fixed, issue #10
- Other cosmetic fixes
Version 1.4.3, 2016-12-06
- Adapted for Moodle 3.2
- Bug fixed for use with Moodle 3.2, issue #9
Version 1.4.2, 2016-10-08
- Display of warnings when the plugin installation is not complete, issue #8
Version 1.4.1, 2016-09-25
- Fix: MoodleBox Wi-Fi network password cannot be changed to empty, issue #7
Version 1.4, 2016-09-18
- New option enabling to change the MoodleBox Wi-Fi network password
Version 1.3, 2016-09-10
- New option enabling to change the MoodleBox password
- Warnings displayed when plugin isn't used on a Raspberry Pi, issue #6
Version 1.2, 2016-08-09
- Changed to admin tool plugin (from local plugin), issue #3
- Code refactored
Version 1.1, 2016-08-06
- Added display of free space on SD card
Version 1.0, 2016-07-11
- Added time setting feature
Version 1.0b (beta), 2016-06-26
- Added two folder as RAM disks, for better performance
Version 1.0a2 (alpha), 2016-06-19
- Reorganisation of project
Version 1.0a1 (alpha), 2016-06-16
- First version
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10, Moodle 3.11
- Latest release for Moodle 3.6
- Latest release for Moodle 3.7
- Latest release for Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.11
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Admin tools
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "mytool") in the "admin/tool" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation