Admin tools: Course Life Cycle
Course Life Cycle is a moodle plugin, which has the purpose to help you with the execution of reoccurring tasks on your moodle platform. Possible use cases are (not limited to):
- Deleting courses at end of life (including asking teachers for permission).
- Doing a rollover at the end of a semester.
- Automatically setting an end date for courses.
For instance, it helps in getting rid of old and unused courses the right way! While the right way means YOUR way! The plugin allows you to define a certain workflow, which tells which steps to take before a course should actually be deleted. These steps might include:
- Only consider courses, which meet certain criteria (e.g. very old courses)
- Ask the teachers of the courses if they still need them
- Create backups of the course
- Delete the course
Thereby, the plugin is highly modular and allows you to specify your own steps and triggers (conditions), to define workflows tailored for your needs.