Reverse pattern match
Reverse pattern match v1.2 for Moodle 2.6+
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Reverse pattern match question type
This question type was created by Tim Hunt just for fun.
The pattern match question type allows the teacher to grade sentences entered by the student using the pattern-match language. This question type does it backwards. The teacher provides some sentences, and says whether or not they should be matched, and the student has to come up with a pattern-match expression that does that. This question type is intended to be used to help people learn pattern-match syntax.
The pattern-match language is documented at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/The_OU_PMatch_algorithm
This question type is compatible with Moodle 2.4+.
To install the question type using git, type this command in the root of your Moodle install
git clone git://github.com/timhunt/moodle-qtype_pmatchreverse.git question/type/pmatchreverse echo '/question/type/pmatchreverse' >> .git/info/exclude
Alternatively, download the zip from
unzip it into the question/type folder, and then rename the new folder to pmatchreverse.
Note that you also need the pmatch question type installed:
git clone git://github.com/moodleou/moodle-editor_supsub.git lib/editor/supsub echo '/lib/editor/supsub' >> .git/info/exclude git clone git://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_pmatch.git question/type/pmatch echo '/question/type/pmatch' >> .git/info/exclude
Once the code is in place, remember to visit the Site administration -> Notifications page to complete the install.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- v1.2 for Moodle 2.6+
- Can be updated from
- v0.2 for Moodle 2.4+ (2013041300), v1.0 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014010800), v1.1 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014042800)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.6, Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0, Moodle 3.1
- Latest release for Moodle 2.6
- Latest release for Moodle 2.7
- Latest release for Moodle 2.8
- Latest release for Moodle 2.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.0
- Latest release for Moodle 3.1
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation