Name to Structure or Reaction
This software is no longer maintained and has been superseded by the OpenOChem LTI Assessment System.
With this question type you can query students to reproduce a single molecule, set of molecules or reactions. This question type is similar to Structure match with editor and the Pattern match with JME editor but offers some more advanced features (see features below). This plugin requires Marvin Applets from Chemaxon.
- Please draw the structure of water showing all lone pairs?
- Draw acetic acid and its dissociation in water?
- Draw all stereoisomers for the following molecule?
- Draw (R)-3-methyl-pentan-2-ol?
- Utilizes Chemaxons extended smiles (cxsmiles) format with the unique option.
- Supports reactions
- E/Z and R/S stereochemistry
- Unique smiles output
- Lone pair and radical electrons and charges allowed.
- Instructor builds structure in editor and easily inserts into answer fields
This plugin adopts the same license that Moodle does. The Marvin Applets are free for academic purposes.
This plugin was developed at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). Neither IUP or Carl LeBlond are affiliated with Chemaxon.
This plugin requires Marvin Applets from Chemaxon which can be downloaded here. Download the full package and install it at your web servers root directory.