NED - Mentor Manager
NED - Mentor Manager 2.9c (Build: 2014070700)
This block provides a user-friendly way of pairing mentors with students. Currently, Moodle does not have an effective way of managing the mentor role. By using this block, parents, tutors, or other “helpers” are able to track the progress of particular students across multiple courses. The block exists at the site level. When a mentor logs in, his/her mentees (students) are listed inside the block. When the mentor clicks on the name of a mentee, a progress report is shown. This report includes grades, submissions, feedback, etc. from all relevant courses. Along with defining mentors and mentees, administrators, or users with proper permissions, can also create “notification rules” that are automatically sent (email or SMS) to teachers, mentors or students based on pre-selected criteria (example: send email notification to mentor and student if student has not logged in for 7 days and grade is less than 50%).
Installation manual: http://northernlinks.ca/docs/mentor_mentee_install.pdf
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2.9c (Build: 2014070700)
- Can be updated to
- 3.1.8 (2016122400)
- Release candidate
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9
- Latest release for Moodle 2.7
- Latest release for Moodle 2.8
- The more recent release 3.1.9 (2017010800) exists for Moodle 2.9
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.