Maintained by Chris Kenniburg
Pioneer strikes a balance between features and beautiful design. The Pioneer theme is focused on enhancing learning by using intuitive navigation, a simple layout, and amazing styling. You have learning content, Pioneer makes it beautiful.
Pioneer Pioneer v1.2.1
- Six custom frontpage tabs which are displayed via a slider button. Add a title and content text for each tab. Tabs fade in and out with content.
- Found bug for SSL and login with featured courses enabled. Fix is to force users to login before seeing featured courses.
- When using the default Moodle login page featured courses is not displayed. This is to fix a bug with featured courses. If your site uses SSL for login only, please click in Site Admin to Force Login.
- Seeking input for best way to fix the SSL and featured courses bug. Alternative is to make featured courses only visible when logged in.
- Social Icons Links open in new window
- Chnaged styling of Marketing spots to be a little less "shocking" as one teacher put it.
- Made footer and social icons merge at the bottom of the page. Looks cleaner.
- Default logo is more generic. Simple arrow-head and text.
- Fixed Language string mis-spelling
- On Dashboard Page enhanced the course overview block to remove the verticle block title. If you move it to the sidebar it will regain it's verticle block title.
- Styling and CSS improvements.
- Added custom font awesome icon to the section headers of topic and weekly course formats. Users can add unicode setting in theme admin to pick their own icon. Default is book.
- At the request of our teachers we switched back to a horizontal alignment for the side block titles. However, we kept the border width on the left of the blocks to create a visual separation.
- Each block has a fontawesome icon and color background next to the title.
- Social icons bar at bottom is now full width. This replaces just showing them in the bottom right. It will also allow for future items to be placed in this bar.
- Worked to make theme better for translations into other languages. Removed hard coded text where identified.
- Improved descriptions in Theme Settings pages.
- Found and fixed a couple of missing language strings.
- Accidently removed a closing div tag. Fixed.
- Initial release for Moodle 3.0. Performed testing and initial results indicate it works.
- Fixed PDF Assignment Editing where some icons were cut off when leaving comments.
- Socialwall fixes for the latest version. Simplified coloring and styling.
- Removed some CSS fontawesome icons for socialwall and opted for a more simple look for users.
- Fixed small issue with frontpage login image when logged out.
- Added better logic to displaying header images on course pages. Will not show default image while loading course image. The image swap effect when the course image loaded was annoying.
- Added toggle to turn on or off using course header images. Use one image for entire site or allow teachers to customize. Default is use one image.
- CSS fixes and better explainations in language files
- Fixed General Frontpage Alert not showing on moodle default login page
- Fixed top navigation bar for logged out users.
- More mobile menu adjustments
- Fixed css issue with small screen sizes and top navigation bar and changed when mobile menu appears
- At 979px the course search box is hidden. At 679px the mobile menu is displayed.
- Added Icon Navigation to the mobile menu
- Fixed Frontpage alert being hidden by top navigation bar
- Fixed styling when blocks are docked to remain full-width and proper padding on the left
- Better overall responsive styling
- Fixed css issue with small screen sizes and top navigation bar
- Added featured courses to the moodle default login page
- Made theme full screen in width at request of teachers
- Made top navigation stick to top of screen
- Moved top navigation into a single include file
- Fixed css and language strings
- Full screen gradebook view
- Fixed css and language strings
- Added Course Grades drop down toggle. This allows students to see all their grades while in a course by a simple toggle show and hide
Moodle 2.9, 3.0
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Pioneer v1.2.1
- Can be updated from
- Pioneer v1.1.3 (2015111000), Pioneer v1.1.4 (2015111010), Pioneer v1.1.5 (2015111300), Pioneer v1.1.6 (2015111600), Pioneer v1.1.7 (2015111700), Pioneer v1.1.8 (2015111710), Pioneer v1.1.9 (2015111800), Pioneer v1.2.0 (2015112300)
- Can be updated to
- Pioneer v1.2.2 (2015113000), Pioneer v1.2.3 (2015113100), Pioneer v1.2.4 (2015120100), Pioneer v1.2.5 (2015120300), Pioneer v1.2.6, Pioneer v1.2.6, Pioneer v1.2.7 (2015120500), Pioneer v1.2.8, Pioneer v1.2.8 (2015120800), Pioneer v1.3.2 (2015121400), Pioneer v1.3.3 (2015121410), Pioneer v1.3.4 (2015121500), Pioneer v1.3.6 (2016010600)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Themes
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (e.g. "ponies") in the "theme" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation