Activities: Group choice
Group choice 1.3 (Build: 2012042500, based on mod_choice 2011112900)
This module allows students to enrol themselves in a group within a course. The teacher can choose from which groups the students can chose, and the maximum nummber of students allowed in each group.
The students can view the members of each group before making a choise, and (if the teacher allows it) change their selected group until the deadline.
This module is heavily based on the "choice" activity module, and behaves roughly like it. Making a choice enrols you in a group, changing your choice unenrols you from the precedent group and enrols you in the new one, and so on.
- unzip, and copy into Moodle's /mod folder
- visit administration page to install module
- use in any course as wished
- create groups within your course
- create a choicegroup activity and select groups which users can chose from
Moodle.org forum discussion thread : http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=174424
Moodlefairy's review :
Another review by Gavin Henrick : http://www.somerandomthoughts.com/blog/2011/10/13/review-activity-module-choice-group-for-moodle-2/
André Lausch : German translation
Luiggi Sansonetti : French translation
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 1.3 (Build: 2012042500, based on mod_choice 2011112900)
- Can be updated to
- 1.3.1 (Build: 2012080600, based on mod_choice 2011112900) (2012080600), 1.3.2 (Build: 2012100800, based on mod_choice 2011112900) (2012100800), 1.3.3 (Build: 2012111400, based on mod_choice 2011112900) (2012111400), 1.4.2 (Build: 2013090100) (2013090100), 1.4.3 (Build: 2013120100) (2013120100), 1.4.4 (Build: 2014010100) (2014010100), 1.5 (Build: 2014060100) (2014060100), 1.6 (Build: 2014072100) (2014072100), 1.8 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015010100) (2015010100), 1.81 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015010101) (2015010101), 1.8.1 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015010101) (2015010101), 1.8.2 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015022302) (2015022302), 1.8.3 for Moodle 2.7-2.9 (Build: 2015080100) (2015080100), 1.9 for Moodle 2.7-3.0 (Build: 2015121000) (2015121000), 1.9.3 for Moodle 2.7-3.1 (Build: 2016100600) (2016100600)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.1, Moodle 2.2, Moodle 2.3
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation