Bootstrap Elements 1.1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Bootstrap Elements gives you the ability to add modal and toggles to your courses, helping to improve the layout of courses. It is in essence an improved "label" resource type with an opton allowing you to set content to display as a:
- Modal box (popup box)
- Toggle (expandable / drop-down content
- Enhanced Label (with title, really designed so you can turn off Bootstrap features and have content display statically)
This will help teachers add more dynamic, interactive content within courses whilst consuming less space on the page.
Please note: This plugin will only work with themes that are based on Bootstrap and have support for for the Bootstrap elements referenced by this plugin.
Themes known to work with this plugin are: * BCU Theme * Essential Theme * Shoehorn Theme
We will expand this list to include other themes as we confirm their compatibility.
- Auto detect theme compatability and fall back on non supported themes (so multiple themes in the same site can be supported)
- Add Fontawesome options to easily add icons
- Add color options
- Add additional icon to Toggle to make it clear it is clickable
- Look at other elements such as callouts and possibly Tabs / Accordion
If you have any other suggestions for improvement please let us know!
This plugin has been written and is currently maintained by Michael Grant working at Birmingham City University.
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation