Videofile is a Moodle 2.5+ resource plugin intended to provide teachers with easy handling of cross-browser compatible videos using Video.js (http://videojs.com). In most cases it should be enough to add .mp4 video files which will then play in an html5 player on most browsers and in a flash player in older browsers.
Videofile and Video.js also supports WebVTT captions as well as a poster image that displays before the video is started.
Unzip the zip file in the
mod folder of the Moodle directory and, if
necessary, rename the folder to "videofile".
-- OR --
Go to Administration > Site Administration > Install add-ons to install
the Videofile module directly from your Moodle installation.
Default settings can be set by going to Administration > Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > Videofile.
See the LICENSE file for licensing details.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated to
- 0.30 (2013082800), 1.01 (2013100100), 1.03 (2013102800), 1.04 (2013112100), 1.05 (2014062500)
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.5
- The more recent release 1.05 (2014062500) exists for Moodle 2.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation