Blocks: Course contents
Course contents 2.0.1
Course contents block
Course contents block produces a list of all visible topic/week in the course. Clicking at one of these links will display that particular week or topic.
The block automatically extracts a suitable title for every week or topic from the section summary. If you start summary with a heading (H1, H2, H3, etc), it will use such heading text. If your summary starts with a bold text, it will be used as a section title. If the summary consists of several paragraphs, the first one will be used. If the summary is empty, a customizable text "Unit X" (where X is the number) is displayed. Technically spoken, the plain text content of the first non-empty HTML DOM node from the section summary is used as the summary title.
The block has been written and is currently maintained by David Mudrak.
See the page at Moodle wiki for more details.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- Can be updated to
- 2.2.0, 2.4.0 (2012121002), 2.4.1 (2012121003), 3.0 (2015030300), 5.1.1 (2017111000)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.0, PHP 5.2
- This is the latest release for Moodle 2.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.