Activities: Group choice
Group choice 2010101300
This module allows students to enrol themselves in a group within a course. The teacher can select from which groups the students can chose, and the maximum nummber of students allowed in each group.
The students can view the members of each group before making a choice, and (if the teacher allows it) change their selected group until the deadline.
This module is heavily based on the "choice" activity module, and behaves roughly like it. Making a choice enrols you in a group, changing your choice unenrols you from the precedent group and enrols you in the new one, and so on.
Here is a screencast made by Mary Cooch that goes in more detail as how the module works :
- Version build number
- Can be updated to
- 1.1 (Build: 2012010100) (2012010100), 1.3.1 (Build: 2012080600, based on mod_choice 2011112900) (2012080600), 1.3.3 (Build: 2012111400, based on mod_choice 2011112900) (2012111400), 1.4.2 (Build: 2013090100) (2013090100), 1.4.4 (Build: 2014010100) (2014010100), 1.6 (Build: 2014072100) (2014072100), 1.81 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015010101) (2015010101), 1.8.1 for Moodle 2.7-2.8 (Build: 2015010101) (2015010101)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.1
- The more recent release 1.4.2 (Build: 2013090100) (2013090100) exists for Moodle 2.1
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation