Blocks: Advanced Notifications
Advanced Notifications v1.3.4
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Allows for notifications to be easily managed and set to be displayed to users
This block allows users to display DEFCON-like alerts, which are Bootstrap-based, allowing for various configurations. This could be useful in cases such as alerting users of scheduled outages, welcoming them to your site, teachers can use it to notify users of changes/due dates, etc.
- Customisable title
- Customisable message
- Basic HTML allowed for advanced users
- Multi-lingual support
- Multiple types of notifications (Bootstrap-based)
- Type-based icons (optional setting)
- Customisable date range to show notification from and to
- Display a notification to the user a set amount of times
- Instance-based or global/site-wide notifications
- Enable/Disable a/all notifications (Site-wide and instance-based)
- Edit/Delete/Restore notifications
- Option to auto-delete notification after end date
- Option to permanently delete notifications that's had the deleted flag for more than 30 days
- Option to automatically remove user (dismissed/seen) records that relates to notifications that don't exist anymore
- AJAX used to improve user-experience and simplify processes
- Live-preview when making/editing a notification
- Easy to use, but fully documented with all the nitty-gritty information
- Implements Privacy API (GDPR Compliance)
For full documentation, please check here - or check the plugin's
All the plugin's settings are disabled by default. Enable it upon installation if you wish to start using it immediately or enable it later by navigating to Site Administration > Plugins > Blocks > Advanced Notifications.
Backwards Compatibility/Progressive Enhancement
Pull requests are welcome - submit pull requests to address issues, add features, fix typos, anything!
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- v1.1.1, v1.2.0, v1.2.1 (2018042716), v1.2.2 (2018070512), v1.2.3 (2018071312), v1.2.4 (2018071817), v1.3.2 (2019012311)
- Can be updated to
- v1.3.5 (2019091714), v1.3.6 (2019091715)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.