Blocks: Custom Course Menu
Custom Course Menu 2.1.6
Custom Course Menu Block
A block to display enrolled course in a configurable manner for both students and teachers.
- Simple install
- Intuitive controls
- Manually hide courses or categories from the list
- Customize sort order of courses and categories
- Expand/collapse course categories
- Favorites "category"
- Last # viewed courses "category"
- Site administrators get an All courses... link
- Moodle 3.3+
Simply rename the
custom_course_menu, move the folder into your blocks directory, and
run the Notifications admin link.
NOTE: If you are replacing the old block_my_courses with this new version, make sure you run the transition_tool.php file BEFORE uninstalling the old my_courses block. This will migrate all of the my_courses block data to the new custom_course_menu block.
- Turn block editing mode on by clicking the gear icon in the bottom right corner.
- Hide courses and cateogires by clicking the eye icon next to them. When a course or category has its eye shut and is ~~strikethrough~~ it is hidden.
- Sort courses and categories by dragging them into the order you would like.
- After you are finished customizing your course menu, click the gear icon once again to save your changes and turn editing mode off.
Developed by the University of Portland. Many features and additions contributed by Syxton https://github.com/Syxton
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- 1.0, 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1 (2016060101), 2.1.1beta1, 2.1.1beta2, 2.1.1beta2, 2.1.1beta3, 2.1.1 (2018013000), 2.1.2, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.4, 2.1.5, 2.1.5, 2.1.5
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.3
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.4
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.5
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.6
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.