Admin tools: Upload block settings
Upload block settings 1.0.0
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Upload block settings
Upload block settings from a CSV file into a range of courses
The Upload block settings plugin for Moodle allows you to add or remove block settings to and from a range of courses at the same time. You can also reset the set of course blocks to the default for that course format.
This plugin requires Moodle 2.9+ from https://moodle.org
Installation and Update
Install the plugin, like any other plugin, to the following folder:
There are no special considerations required for updating the plugin.
Uninstall the plugin by going into the following:
Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview
...and click Uninstall. You may also need to manually delete the following folder:
Usage & Settings
There are no configurable settings for this plugin.
Use the command Administration > Site administration > Courses > Upload block settings to upload a CSV file containing lines of the form:
operation, course shortname, block name, region, weight
Lines beginning with a '#' or ';' character are comments, and skipped.
Each line of the file contains one record.
Each record is a series of data in a fixed order separated by commas.
The required fields are operation, course shortname, block, region, weight.
The allowed operations are add, del(ete), and res(et).
The allowed regions are side-pre and side-post.
The allowed weights are -10 to 10 (0 is neutral).
2018 Eoin Campbell
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0, Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7
- This is the latest release for Moodle 2.9
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.0
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.1
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.2
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.3
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.4
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.5
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.6
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.7
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Admin tools
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "mytool") in the "admin/tool" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation