Filters: Image optimiser
Image optimiser 220.127.116.11
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Image optimiser filter
The image optimiser filter is intended to solve the issue of high resolution images slowing down (and blocking) page loads.
- Resize images that are greater than a maximum width and preserve aspect ratios and original images.
- Resizes images in all filterable text - course content, user profile description, etc.
Course designer doesn't know how to resize images prior to upload and uploads a 6 mega pixel image when they don't require this resolution. The filter solves this issue by automatically resizing images to a specified maximum width (aspect ratios are preserved).
Course designer uploads 100s of images into a course label The filter can solve this issue by place holding images and making them load only when scrolled into the viewport.
Students using mobile data plans are finding their course page to be sluggish due to unnecessarily large images uploaded to their course. The filter can solve this issue by both placeholding images until scrolled into the viewport and then resizing the image which is served to the user.
For the filter to work, it must be enabled via Site administration / Plugins / Filters / Manage filters.
The filter settings area available via Site administration / Plugins / Filters / Image optimiser.
By default, the optimiser both place holds (load when visible) and resizes (maximum image width) to 800px.
Note, the page is ready in half the time when the filter is enabled!
(c) Guy Thomas 2017
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
Developed by Guy Thomas.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.3
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.3
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Filters
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the filter plugin.
- Place the folder (eg "myfilter") in the "filter" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation