Adaptable News Slider
Adaptable News Slider 1.2
Moodle News Slider
A news slider that displays unread course announcements and site announcements. Can also be used on course pages to show unread announcements for that specific course.
- Configurable max length of excerpt
- Configurable max length of subject
- Configurable to use caching for the user session plus cache expiry time
Per instance configuration
- Option to display site news or course news or both
- Maximum number of site announcements to display
- Maximum period (in days) to show site announcements for
- Display link to older news items
- Show bullet (dots) navigation on bottom of slider
Guidelines for use
You may want to experiment with the general configuration settings. E.g. for wider displays, you could increase max lengths and vice-versa. Please note that caching is switched on by default and set to expire every 5 minutes (300) for a user session by default.
Using the slider on course pages
There is custom block region on course pages in the Adaptable theme called "course page slider region", designed for use with the news slider.
See basic instructions below:
- Add the news slider to the "Course slider" block region that can be seen by admins on the frontpage. Configure it to appear on all pages.
- Go to any course page. You should the news slider appear just above course content. Now configure this block to appear only on course pages.
Version 1.2 (2017121300)
How do I get set up?
Installs at /blocks/news_slider
Site-wide configuration options are available under: Site Administration -> Plugins -> Blocks -> News slider
Per Instance block settings are available by editing block configuration.
Adaptable Theme version 2017053100 (1.4+)
- Moodle 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- Adaptable version 1.4
- Manoj Solanki (Coventry University)
- John Tutchings (Coventry University)
- Jeremy Hopkins (Coventry University)
Fernando Acedo (3-bits.com)
Adaptable is licensed under: GPL v3 (GNU General Public License) - http://www.gnu.org/licenses
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated to
- 1.3.2 (2019032800)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4
- Latest release for Moodle 3.2
- Latest release for Moodle 3.3
- The more recent release 1.3.2 (2019032800) exists for Moodle 3.4
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.