NED - Marking Manager
NED - Marking Manager 3.3.21
Name: NED - Marking Manager Type: Block Moodle version required: 3.0 + For Documentation, go to http://ned.ca/plugins/
Changes in Marking Manager version 3.3.2 (2017101000):
In previous versions of the Marking Manager, the cronjob was used to calculate the number of activities that require grading in all courses. For sites with many courses and/or students, this sometimes meant that the cron job would run for a long time and, as a result, put a strain on server resources. In this latest version, we have made the following changes to address this problem:
The cron job method has been replaced with a “Manual” option, which allows users to refresh the block only when needed.
When counting activities, the block will only scan courses where the user has teaching privileges.
It is now possible to only include courses that 1) reside inside preselected course categories AND 2) have the block installed at the course level. Previously, it was one or the other.
There is a new option that allows admins to only see courses where they have teaching privileges.
There is a new option to skip hidden courses when counting activities
Various bug and format fixes
Even with these changes, calculating ungraded activities across many courses is still a resource-intensive task. We will continue to work on improvements and we welcome the input of other developers that have other ideas/suggestions on how to increase efficiency.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- 3.2.0 (2017082500), 3.3.0 (2017082500), 3.2.1 (2017082501), 3.3.1 (2017083001), 3.3.2 (2017101000)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.0, Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3
- Latest release for Moodle 3.0
- Latest release for Moodle 3.1
- Latest release for Moodle 3.2
- Latest release for Moodle 3.3
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.