Admin tools: Cohort auto roles management
Cohort auto roles management 1
Assign auto roles to cohort
This plugin is based on the core tool_cohortroles plugin and allows the selection of a role rather than an individual to assign a manager/mentor/parent to a user.
If a user is assigned the selected role at any level - (site/course/category etc) they will be assigned as the mentor/manager/parent to all users within the cohorts selected they are also a member of.
- Cohort "Engineering" has the users, "John, Mary, Steven, George"
- Cohort "6th Floor" has the users "John, David, Simon"
- John is enrolled in course 1 with the custom role "Support"
- David is assigned the custom role "support" at the site-level.
- A Parent/Mentor/manager role has been created in the system to allow user-level role assignments - see: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Parent_role
- The cohortautoroles plugin is configured to find all users in the "support" role, assign them to the parent/manger/mentor role.
John will be automatically assigned as the mentor to "Mary, Steven, George, David, Simon" David will be automatically assigned as the mentor to "John, Simon"
Install the plugin the same as any standard moodle plugin either via the Moodle plugin directory, or you can use git to clone it into your source:
`git clone email@example.com:catalyst/moodle-tool_cohortautoroles.git admin/tool/cohortautoroles
Or install via the Moodle plugin directory:
Then run the Moodle upgrade
If you have issues please log them in github here:
How to use
Dashboard ► Site administration ► Users ► Permissions ► Assign auto roles to cohort
Feedback and issues
Please raise any issues in github: https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-tool_cohortautoroles/issues
Pull requests are welcome
If you would like to sponsor work on this plugin please contact Catalyst IT: https://www.catalyst.net.nz
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Admin tools
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "mytool") in the "admin/tool" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation