Maintained by Paul P.
A block that inserts a slideshow in the header of the front page or course page. Features include customizable background colors, transition types, speeds, and size.
phplint phpcs1190 | 12 js2355 | 5343 css1 | 11 phpdoc22 | 0 savepoint thirdparty grunt shifter mustacheHTML | XML
This block creates a slideshow that will appear in the heading section of a course page or front page.
- Update cycle.js with cycle2.js to support responsive themes
- Replace dropped session_get_instance() with \core\session\manager()
- Add $plugin->component declaration in version.php which is now mandatory for Moodle 3+
- Thanks to Nadav Kavalerchik for contributions
- Update to cycle2.js
- Included support for additional transitions and plugins
- Fully responsive
Download, extract, and upload the "Slideshow" folder into moodle/blocks
- Set maximum number of slides in a slideshow
- Set maximum file size of slides
- Title - Set title of slideshow (leave blank to hide block's heading)
- Height - Sets height of slideshow and images NOTE this block will not rescale image files, it will only change the display size
- Transition - Choose from various slide transitions (some are a bit clunky, but most work well)
- Delay - Sets the time for which a single slide is displayed
- Background color - Clicking in this textbox triggers a colorpicker
- Transparent - Clicking this overrides the background color setting and makes the background transparent
- Image selector - Will only accept gif, jpg, or png files
- Use as normal Dock - Will allow the slideshow to be displayed in the side columns or where ever a block can be displayed.
Moodle 3.0, 3.1
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.