Grading methods: BTEC marking
BTEC marking 1.1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
BTEC Grading method
Advanced marking plugin for the BTEC marking scheme based on Refer,Pass, Merit and Distinction where each level is based on completing all the next lowest. So to get a Merit a student must achieve all Pass and all Merit, and to get a Distinction to get all Pass and all Merit and all Distinction. If they miss a Pass criteria they get a refer.
I call this the Gloucestershire college release in honour of the help and feedback given on my visit there. It consists mainly of minor usability tweaks
- Reduced the size of the description field as it was occupying a disproportional amount of space
- Added a check to ensure that the assignment has the BTEC scale set
- Changed CSS so the Add Criterion button lined up properly
- Changed Marking Options so it is hidden by default as it is not frequently used
- tweaked code (a constructor) to ensure it would work with PHP7
Place the unzipped files in a directory
Where moodle is the root of your moodle install
Login to your moodle installation as admin and allow the plugin to install. Further documentation can be seen at http://docs.moodle.org/en/BTEC_marking
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated to
- 1.2 (2016083116)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Grading methods
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "rubricsXL") in the "grade/grading/form" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation