Turnitin plagiarism plugin
Turnitin plagiarism plugin 3.5+
:wrench: Fixes and enhancements
Empty grades in Turnitin will not override Moodle grading
When you had completed grading in Moodle and someone opened the Turnitin viewer for the submission, if no grade had been set in Turnitin, the Moodle grade would be lost. Now, the grade within Moodle will be retained and an ungraded Turnitin viewer can be opened without it causing any problems.
Note: If a grade is removed from Turnitin, it will no longer remove it from Moodle as the viewer will then be ‘empty’ and we assume that the Moodle grade is intended.
Only the essay type question in a Moodle Quiz will request a Similarity Report
We’ve refined this feature to only request a Similarity Report for Essay type questions. Turnitin would only ever create a report for these types of questions anyway, but a request was sent for all question types. This could cause bigger classes to become sluggish. You should notice that bigger classes that use a lot of quizzes are much easier to navigate now.
Thanks to Dan Marsden And Alex Morris for highlighting and providing a fix for this.
Test connection now will check the connection to Turnitin at all times
Previously, Test Connection wouldn’t work until the plugin was configured. This could potentially cause confusion with users assuming that as no error had been shown the connection must already be established. We’ve changed it so that the Test Connection feature will always look to see if a successful connection has been made when checking.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10, Moodle 3.11
- Latest release for Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.6
- Latest release for Moodle 3.7
- Latest release for Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.11
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Plagiarism
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the whole folder within the "plagiarism" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation