Activities: WebRTC Experiments
Warning! This plugin was discontinued. It is not ready for production sites.
WebRTC Moodle Plugin
Welcome to WebRTC Moodle Plugin!
This project uses the code from
http://webrtc-experiment.com to implement an activity module for Moodle to allow people to interact more freely.
Everything you need to start communicating using your webcam and microphone is an updated browser like Firefox or Chrome. There is no need to install any third-party plugins on your browser. There is no flash here.
Also, this plugin transfer data (audio and video) in a P2P (peer-to-peer) fashion. This way, data is sent directly from one user computer to another. There is no dependency on a "central server" or a "streaming server".
The only dependency on a server is for "signaling events" like room creations, and users joining and leaving. See more about it on the "Signaling server" section of this document.
- Video and audio chat
- With mute/unmute controls for audio and video
- Record video and audio from any peer (or local stream) and save to your computer
- Text chat
- File sharing
- It is P2P file sharing, not integrated with Moodle Files API
- The icon was downloaded from pixabay and is licensed under CC0 Public Domain
It is basically a copy of the all-in-one demo:
But WebRTC is much more than that!
- Colaborative canvas
This plugin was tested in version 2.7 and 2.8 of Modle.
- Put this code under "moodle/mod/webrtcexperiments"
- you can use composer
- or git
- or you can download the latest version from https://github.com/danielneis/moodle-mod_webrtcexperiments/archive/master.zip
- Visit your Moodle site as administrator to install plugin via web interface
This module needs a signaling server. To learn more about Signaling, please visit:
If you like the plugin and want to say hi publicly instead of sending an email, leave a comment at