Media collection 22.214.171.124
Main change in this release is the fix of an image orientation bug. Photos taken with tablets or mobile devices that had EXIF data describing the correct viewing orientation would have their thumbnails and lowres versions rendered not the right-way up (except where the photo had been taken in the standard landscape orientation). Media collection now reads the EXIF data of uploaded images and ensures the thumbnails and lowres versions are rotated to the correct orientation for viewing.
Media collection activity for Moodle
This plugin allows instructors/teachers to create a space for students to submit "galleries". These galleries can be based on images, audio or video. The galleries themselves can be used as part of gradeable assignments when used in conjuction with the media collection submission module (http://github.com/netspotau/moodle-assignsubmission_mediagallery).
You can install the plugin from the Moodle plugin repository from within your Moodle installation.
Using a downloaded zip file
You can download a zip of this module from: https://github.com/netspotau/moodle-mod_mediagalley/zipball/master
Unzip it to your mod/ folder and rename the extracted folder to 'mediagallery'.
To install using git, run the following command from the root of your moodle installation:
git clone git://github.com/netspotau/moodle-mod_mediagallery.git mod/mediagallery
Then add mod/mediagallery to your gitignore.
Assignment submission plugin
Allows teachers to link an assignment to a collection activity. When students submit a gallery for assessment, the gallery becomes read only after the duedate.
Media gallery search block
Allows users to add a block to their course which lets users search for galleries within any Media collections in the course.
When used in conjunction with the TinyMCE plugin, this allows users to insert carousel views to a gallery in their course.
Provides a button that can be added to TinyMCE for inserting galleries into TinyMCE editable areas.
Code: Adam Olley email@example.com
Concept: UNSW (http://www.unsw.edu.au)
Design: UNSW (http://www.unsw.edu.au) & Mark Bailye \<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Testing: UNSW (http://www.unsw.edu.au)
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- 126.96.36.199 (2014042801), 188.8.131.52 (2014052700)
- Can be updated to
- 184.108.40.206 (2014082500), 220.127.116.11a (2014082501), 18.104.22.168 (2014091900), 22.214.171.124 (2014102400), 126.96.36.199 (2014082502), 188.8.131.52 (2015021102), 184.108.40.206 (2015021103), 220.127.116.11 (2015082600), 18.104.22.168 (2015082601), 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 (2016061500), 188.8.131.52-verfix (2016061501), 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 (2017050301), 18.104.22.168 (2017050400), 22.214.171.124 (2017052300), 126.96.36.199 (2017110900), 188.8.131.52 (2018052500), 184.108.40.206 (2018092700), 220.127.116.11 (2019090400), 18.104.22.168 (2019090300), 22.214.171.124 (2019110600), 126.96.36.199 (2020050800), 3.7.4 (2020062900), 3.7.5 (2020111600)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.5, Moodle 2.6
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation