General plugins (Local) ::: local_autogroup
Maintained by Mark Ward, Emma Richardson, Arnaud Trouvé
A local plugin which automatically assigns enrolled users on a course into groups dependant upon information within their user profile. (Now with custom profile field support - called User Info Field in settings.) This plugin will create, update, and delete groups automatically to match the users on your course. All behaviour is event-driven and so will occur within page loads. The system can also monitor manual group setting changes and moderate them to ensure that groups are kept neat and tidy.
Auto Group 2.5
Moodle 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11
Released: Friday, September 4, 2020, 1:10 AM
Code prechecksHTML | XML
- Solves https://github.com/emmarichardson/local_autogroup/issues/16 default group by
- This change requires checking your global config field uses correct key now
- Fixed unnecessary processing on profile update. Thanks to Luuk Verhoeven for this addition.
- Added support for custom profile fields. Thanks to Arnaud Trouvé for this addition.
- Performance enhancement: Event listeners now check to see whether triggered by AutoGroup
- Switched to individual toggles for event listeners
- Minor change to settings structure for improved usability
- Fixed compatibility with Moodle 3.1 and onwards
- Added support for defining multiple grouping sets on one course
- Sort modules are now fully modular
- Added new sort module for Totara positional assignments
- Fixed a bug which would have resulted in roles being removed from all groupsets across a site
- Changed default permissions for plugin files
- Added event handler for course_restored and related setting
- Stable release. Tested for compatibility with Moodle 2.7 and 2.8
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10, Moodle 3.11
- Latest release for Moodle 3.7
- Latest release for Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.11
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type General plugins (Local)
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder in the "local" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation.