- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
Moodle 3.9: If you are running Moodle 3.9, it is essential that you use the Moodle 3.9 (or higher) version of the Tiles plugin. The Moodle 3.7 version is incompatible (following a change to Moodle core) and will cause you problems. You can see which version of 'Tiles' you are running under Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview > Course Formats > Tiles Format.